Julia Child's Potages Recipe

The other day I attempted to make a recipe by Julia Child with every expectation to fail. There are two very good reasons I did not expect it to turn it. 1. Some of it is in French 2. Some of the ingredients I didn't even have a clue as to what they were, like leeks...who the hell knows what that is...and even if I did I don't think I would eat them. Much to my surprise the soup turned out great!! As of tonight I've made it 3 times. According to my roommate and bf it is not just good to my taste buds. Here is my (Simple) version:

Six cups of water
2 cups of heavy cream
2-3 cloves of garlic
VEGGIES! (You can use whatever veggies you like) Carrots, peas, celery, corn
Red Potatoes (peeled) 
1/2 cup of butter
Bullion cubes (as needed) or Vegeta
Pinch of pepper

1. Melt butter in a frying pan
2. Put six cups of water in a large pot and turn heat on high
3. Chop vegtables and season water with buillion cubes or vegeta
4. Add cream, garlic, pepper to pan with butter turn heat to med and let heat for 8-10 mins. Do not let cream mixture come to a boil.
5. Pour cream mixture into pot with vegtables and mix well ( I like to add some fresh basil to cream but not mandatory for recipe!
6. Serve and enjoy!

There are variations of this recipe. I love to make it at the end of the week with all my veggy leftovers. You can also add sausage and bacon to make it more like Olive gardens Zuppa Tuscana soup!

3 comments:

Morgan said...

Looks amazing! I posted a great recipe today as well - great minds think alike!

Keith said...

That looks delicious. I've been wanting to try out some of her recipes.

El'Aundra Dolce said...

So I saw your blog. I wanted to invite you to my blog, edk.dolce where I developed the idea for "Featured Followers by Elle © " where I promote all my followers, and give them a chance to attract more people to their blog & for my followers to learn more about them! Check out my blog @ www.edkdolce.blogspot.com
*Ellee